Sapporo welcomes the latest urban aquarium "AOAO SAPPORO". It will officially open at Tanukikoji 2023-chome in July 7, adding another new force to Hokkaido tourism. It is also suitable for taking children to go around. Tickets, fares, and Transportation information, etc., we have compiled them all in this article. If you are planning a family trip, we will also hand you the list of the latest hotels opening in Sapporo. Tanukikoji is a perfect first stop for everyone to arrange your itinerary. Let’s unpack AOAO SAPPORO and feel the charm of the ocean.
HOW TO GET TO AOAO SAPPORO
We choose to operate in the bustling commercial area of Sapporo, which has the largest number of local and foreign tourists. In addition, it can be reached by subway and streetcar. There are even a bunch of hotels around Tanukikoji. You can also walk to AOAO SAPPORO, where you can go shopping, eat and drink. Going to the supermarket to restock, etc. I must say the location is quite good!If you are coming from other areas in Sapporo, you can refer to the following transportation methods:
- Take the subway: Sapporo Municipal Subway Namboku Line, Tozai Line, Toyo Line, get off at Odori Station, and walk for 3 minutes
- Take the streetcar: Sapporo City Tram and get off at "Tarikokoji" station, then walk for 1 minute
AOAO SAPPORO fare information
There is currently no itinerary website for Taiwanese tourists to purchase tickets, but they can book tickets on the official website or purchase tickets on-site. We chose the afternoon time on weekdays in the hope of avoiding the crowds on weekends. Fortunately, the atmosphere during the first opening was great!The fare part is organized as follows:
- High school students and above: 2,200 yen on-site, 2,000 yen on the official website (▶ Buy tickets online)
- Junior high school students and elementary school students: 1,100 yen on-site, 1,000 yen on the official website
- Ages 200 and above: XNUMX yen for both on-site and online tickets
- Yona Yona Pass: On sale for a limited time on the official website from 9/29 to 12/31, it is a 90-day unlimited starry sky pass, and simultaneously launches luminous drinks and Yona Yona Yoga activities (▶Click me to buy tickets)
AOAO SAPPORO unboxing!
The logo of the aquarium is a triangle and a circle, and the small white dots in the middle refer to "the brilliance of living things" and "the eyes that observe living things", bringing out the idea of operations and hoping to provide a field of observation for visitors to see through. Explore carefully to understand the mysteries and wonders of life, and then become a place that constantly awakens people's curiosity and awe about the ocean and water world. This can be seen from the display and readable books in the museum. It is different from other aquariums and we really like it. the design of.
AOAO SAPPORO 4th Floor – Connecting people and the water world
The main body is divided into the "Water Circulation Laboratory" and the "Aquatic Life Laboratory". The former is used to produce seawater and can create 3,000 liters of water once a day, which is distributed to the fish and penguins in the museum through transmission; while the latter can be used close to From a distance, I saw the preparations of the staff, such as maintaining the health of marine life, preparing food, etc., and the appearance of small creatures. Let Little Hamburger see the super-large hermit crab again and understand the importance of its ecological environment. We must work together Well maintained.
▲ The gray color accentuates the feeling of a laboratory.
▲ The aquarium is super, super clean, absolutely “clear at a glance”.
AOAO SAPPORO 5th Floor – Gaze at the world you cannot see
The space on the 5th floor is also divided into "Natural Aquarium" and "Library Aquarium". The former uses an all-black atmosphere to convey the spirit of "Wabi-Sabi" and "Zen" with underwater landscapes and exhibition layouts. Following Tokyo and Reese , the third permanent exhibition, consists of four aquascapes each with its own theme. We can observe the "living aquarium" ecosystem up close and feel the irreplaceable importance of nature. We can also sit in the Above, calm down and coexist with it from a distance.
Stepping into the library aquarium, it is all white and bright, with a variety of aquariums. 43 aquariums have observation points (in Japanese). From the height of the small burger, you can directly see the appearance and charm of the creatures, like reading a book page by page. Like this book, you will gain knowledge about living things and their habitats.The museum also displays books related to these creatures. You can learn more about the creatures you are interested in and their ecology. It is an attraction with a high content of knowledge and is highly recommended.
▲ These exhibition tanks are all produced by water circulation on the fourth floor!
AOAO SAPPORO 6th Floor – Sharing the same world
The highlight of the 6th floor is here, including the fully open penguin observation area, jellyfish area, projection interaction, bakery, etc. It is also the place where we stayed the longest. Let me briefly explain the highlights of each area:
- Polar Bear Bakery: Croissants made from Hokkaido wheat, as well as a variety of beers, cocktails, and menus using local ingredients. You can enjoy food and drinks on all floors of the building, and even enjoy food and drinks while watching penguins on the 6th floor , there are also glowing drinks available at night!
- Penguin Area: This is the first zoo/aquarium in the world to use a penguin tank that can change the shape of the land. If you look closely, you will find that the stand under the penguins’ feet is made of hexagonal blocks, which makes it easier for them to stand and jump into the water. It is also You can see their appearance at a very close distance, and enjoy it quietly without running around, making loud noises, or turning on the flash.
- Blue Room: Use digital art to show the vast ocean world, projected on a large screen about 20 meters wide and on a floor with a total area of about 120 square meters, making you feel like you are in the ocean!
- Green room: It is planted with native plants from tropical areas. There are more than 20 kinds of plants, including a 2-meter-tall banyan tree. There are benches in the space for taking a rest. There is a small area where you can see baby penguins.
- Jellyfish Area: 16 aquariums of different sizes, containing moon jellyfish and other creatures, float slowly and beat in rhythm to create a magical space where you can forget about the stress of daily work and get spiritual healing.
▲ For the first time, you can see penguins without glass.
▲Every penguin has a name.
▲ Super mini baby penguin.
▲ It’s great to take pictures, and there are no tourists.
▲ Healing, I can’t help but keep looking at it.
▲ The water mu babies raised in the museum.
AOAO SAPPORO aquarium souvenirs
Leave the 6th floor and go to the souvenir section on the 4th floor. There are all kinds of clothing, accessories, stationery, toys, etc., mostly with penguin and jellyfish themes. I was worried that I would buy hamburgers randomly or linger on, so I hurriedly took them down to eat ice cream and cantaloupe. , take a rough shot for your reference.
Also featured: List of new hotels in Sapporo
Sapporo is the largest city and the administrative capital of Hokkaido, ranking the fifth largest city after Tokyo, Yokohama, Osaka, and Nagoya. It is very convenient to travel to and from the airport, making it the best access base for traveling in Hokkaido. It provides 300-scale hotel accommodation options, based on Japanese chain Hotels and local independent brands are the bulk, and only a few international brands such as Crowne Plaza and Mercure are stationed.
- 〒060-0062 2 moyuk SAPPORO 3th floor - 20th floor, Minami 4 Nishi 6-chome, Chuo-ku, Sapporo-shi, Hokkaido
- Business hours: 10:00～22:00
- Official website: https://aoao-sapporo.blue/
- IG: https://www.instagram.com/aoao_sapporo/